Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Manchester

Little facts I've learnt about Manchester and England.

1. Heathrow is not the most comfortable airport to be stuck in. They are also not the most helpful either. I lost my belt through security and they didn't even bother trying to find it for me. Customer service? Zilch

2. Taxi drivers in Manchester are really nice. They get out of the car to help you lift your suitcase into the passenger seat and spend considerable amount of time answering my enormous list of questions.

3. Manchester University is known to have the largest amount of students. Just look on Oxford St. and you'll see.

4. Not everyone has a strong pommy accent around here. Oh, and they don't call themselves pommys...it's brits.

5. Piccadilly Gardens is in walking distance.

6. ASDA is really cheap for groceries and PRIMARK is crazily cheap for clothing.

7. There are more flights that fly out from Liverpool than Manchester.

No comments: