Friday, February 13, 2009

I appreciate...

It's been 2 works to date and I feel that I've already changed.


I'm appreciating a lot more, things that I've realised myself and others that people have pointed out to me.

In my 'Leadership in Action' class, the President of the University said that we are very priviledge to be here. We don't seem to realise this, until we look at people that are far worse off than we. Most of the time we only complain about being less priviledged compared to people that are richer than us.

I am priviledged and it is the result of my parents and their upbringing.
Since coming to Manchester, I have learnt to really appreciate my parents.

I have the most awesome and cool parents ever! On this trip, I have met two particular friends that have and still witness the issues of marriage in their parents. Parents that often argue and fight. Discuss about divorce. Complain to them how much they hate one another or how much they want to leave each other. Show disinterest as to how they feel or what they do.

I can't say that my parents are perfect. They still fight and argue over a lot of things and they complain about each other, but they never...never defame one another infront of us. I believe that's really important. As a child, we look up to our parents and see them in the best of light. I guess it's because we are innocent but it doesn't matter. We are suppose to hold our parents in high esteem and respect. But one parent attacks the other, it tears the child apart. And it's sad when I hear parents doing that.

Hearing all these problems among my newly found friends, I see myself as very fortunate. I have a brother and a sister but my parents still have time to nurture, care and spend time with each of us.


I am truly happy and appreciative. I love you mum and dad. Forever.

No comments: