Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Someone asked me...

Before coming to Manchester, my uncle asked me what I wanted to get out from this trip.

A thousand reasons rush through my head, but I narrowed it to 3 reasons.

1) I want to learn to be independent. Last time I went to Beijing, I went with my brother. I mean I had an amazing time travelling BJ with him. But it's the same as doing it by yourself and having no one familiar to lean on. One day, I'm gonna step out into the world and I want the confidence to say, 'I'm ready...bring it on!'

2) I want to gain a broader view of the world around me and life in general. In Australia, I'm stationary. I go to university, study, go out and see friends. I'm doing things but I'm not stimulating myself with new sights, sounds or smells. I don't want to be ignorant for the rest of my life and just know what happens in Australia (and China/HK).

3) I want to increase my knowledge in arts, music, history and geography. I want to learn about places and people. See how they live in the past, present and in the future.

No comments: