Monday, January 26, 2009

Chinese New Year in HK

For the first time ever, I spent Chinese New Year in Hong Kong.

Having arrived at 5am from Sydney, I was hoping for some nice relaxing time before I jetted off to Manchester. Did I not realise that Chinese New Year was a public holiday but I also did not realise that my 7 day of shopping was cut down to 3 days. ( 3 days of public holiday and I spent 1 day in Macau).

For heaven's sakes, these people are asian. Asian people do not close their shops on any occasion. I was absolutely speechless when I found out from my cousin. Completely speechless.

So all in all, I had a very disappointing time in Hong Kong due to the fact I got sick, many contributing factors from the company I had and the short amount of time I had to me myself and I.

Lesson learnt, never plan on going shopping during Chinese New Year in HK. NEVER!

No comments: